Friday 30 July 2010

Le Dernier Despedida


“I will seriously tear up my visa.”

Violent reactions can be heard in Yakimix. We were celebrating my despedida with my high school friends.  It was exactly the same reaction I got when I told my college friends the same thing while were in Subic last week.

“No Josh… I will kill you if you did that,” said Sarah, the friend who initially persuaded me to do this.

“Same here…. It’s just normal to feel scared. But it’s what you really wanted right?”, asked Stacey, the girl whom I can talk about almost everything, except you know what.

“Yeah Josh, I need my supply of hot British men!” Joana exclaimed. She’s the really direct one…. Oh, if only she knew….

“Lucky you man, you have the choice to explore and try out new things. My parents won’t let me do that…” said Sam, the friend who has very strict parents and who doesn’t have a voice of his own.

“But guys, you don’t know how I feel.” Indeed, they don’t know how I feel. I have butterflies in my stomach every single second.

“C’mon Josh. Don’t worry, I’ll follow you next year right?” Sarah said persuasively.

“Yeah, but even if you get accepted to Sweden, it’s still about a few hundred or so miles from London,” I quipped.

“But still, I can visit you and vice versa. Or we can meet halfway in between. It’s settled then… 2011 in Copenhagen, yeah?”

Haha Sarah. She never failed to make me laugh. That’s what I love about her.

As soon as we finished eating by spending a whopping 580 pesos, Stacey suggested that we watch Inception. But since Joana already watched it, and Sam wanted to satisfy his craving of DJ Max (yeah he’s the one I was talking about before), we decided to split up.

-----

“Huy! Josh! Are you still breathing?!” Stacey whispered.

As soon as she said that, I suddenly felt the need to gasp for air. Wow, I wasn’t really breathing. We were in the part where the 4th level dream was penetrated.

The movie’s complexities hadn’t even dawned on me after the lights were back on. It was certainly the movie of the year when people gasped and screamed for more as the totem’s status was kept a secret to viewers.

-----

“A toast for Josh! Don’t forget us even when you have met British friends already ok?” Sarah jeered.

“Toast!”

It was in their eyes. We were in Pizza Hut for dinner. Even though it’s not verbal, I can see it. They are happy and sad at the same time. Happy because they can see me realizing my dream, sad because I have to make certain sacrifices in order to get it. I have the same sentiments as well.

 But how can I react to their stares and glares? I am helpless in my own little world. So with that, I leave that unresolved. The final reunion with my physical entity.

No comments: