Monday 2 August 2010

Sweet Telephone Box


“Surprise!”

I was in Trix’s house again, this time celebrating my despedida with her and Gayle, another close wacky friend of mine.

There it was waiting at the kitchen…. A telephone box…. One of London’s iconic symbols!

“Just be careful Josh… the top one’s painted in acrylic paint, not in food coloring. We used it up already, and we didn’t have time to buy a new one again… Sorry!” Gayle apologized.

Yeah, Gayle’s the baker in our group… After graduation, she, together with her sis, set up a business that deals with all sorts of cakes. This one’s no exception.

“Other than the top one, it’s safe to eat everything else. C’mon take a picture of it, coz I am uber hungry!” Trix demanded.

“Awwww thanks guys! You shouldn’t have!” I said.

Hay. One week. Just one week before I leave my best friends behind. I’ll never forget the way they’re sending me off.

After taking some pics of the cake, we munched until our tummies couldn’t handle it anymore. The chiffon was made from pumpkin, and it was really scrummy.

-----

“Here you go… Don’t read it until you’re on the plane ok?”

After that yummy dessert, we headed to a restaurant in Eastwood to have some lunch. How wonderful. Trix handed out a folded piece of bond paper. It was the 5th letter I received from my friends. Even with the advent of the technological age, it still pays to write all of your well wishes thru pen and paper.

“Here’s mine. But be careful… there are obscene doodles in there…. Don’t read it if an Arab is beside you okie?”

Gayle handed out her piece of paper. 6th letter. Oh dear. Knowing Gayle, she can be extremely wild and open when it comes to sexual innuendos, and this one will surely be no exception.

After lunch, they decided to watch Inception, but since I watched it already, I decided to bid them farewell.

“We’ll miss you Josh. Take care ok?” Trix said.

“Sure, I will.”

And with that note, I leave them with that wonderful cake in mind.

No comments: