Monday 30 August 2010

Job-Hunting Madness


“Sorry, we don’t accept part-timers anymore,” said the BPI manager.

It was the fourth time I got rejected by the Filipino banks situated in Earl’s Court and Victoria. I tried to check if they have part-time positions available, after what my friend suggested.

PNB, Allied Bank, Metrobank, and now BPI.

BPI was actually the rudest one. They just shoved me off as if I was just wasting their time. Other banks took my CV, checked it once, and then put it on the manager’s table.

It has been my fourth straight job hunting day. I thought it will be a sitch for me because I graduated from a very good school. Apparently, the real world doesn’t work that way.

I can never forget Joana’s remark a few weeks ago about an Eco graduate who became a security guard in the US, because Philippine diplomas were not recognized in the States. I shuddered.

I hate this. I am starting to doubt my capabilities at this point. After calling it a day, I just went to Victoria and took some pics of Buckingham Palace, just to use up all of my credits in my Oyster card.

Someone, help me.

No comments: