Thursday 22 July 2010

Stamped!


“Please sign here for me sir.”

As I signed on the postman’s slip, I still can’t believe my eyes. My passport’s back…. After just 2 days. Oh God.

Fearing for the worst, I told everyone at the house to leave me alone for a while whilst opening the package.

And there it was…. a UK Entry Clearance.

I screamed until my lungs were burning. Oh dear. What the hell happened? I mean…. Isn’t it supposed to be within 10 working days? And how come I get this much coveted piece of paper at once, while other people had to apply twice?

I turned on to the other pages. 2 Schengen visas. 1 Chinese visa. 1 US visa. Tens and tens of stamps to Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Thail­and.

Is this the reason? Well, if that is the case, I have to thank my parents, for putting a lot of investment in my passport. I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

But then again, another question arises. Am I… really ready for this? Things are unfolding at an unprecedented rate. I have nil progress since last week…. No flat, no ticket, no job… nil.

I shuddered at the mere thought of it. So…. Is this… really a time for a new beginning?

No comments: