Monday 19 July 2010

The 10-Day Wait


“All done! Processing time will take around ten working days. Just wait for updates via phone until then. Thanks!”

Finally, it’s all done. I just passed my visa requirements did the biometrics a while ago after receiving the go signal from my university. Finally.

Being in the British embassy was intimidating in its own way. There are special rules one has to follow, like the no bag rule, no cellular phone policy, and the like. You have to bring the right money and visa requirements, or else your application will be refused right on the spot. It made me more anxious as my mom was telling this story about her client’s nephew, who already spent 28,000 pesos, just to be denied twice…. There are no refunds whatsoever in the British Embassy.

And it didn’t help that it was as early as 9 in the morning, plus some people were just plain clueless, and kept on asking me questions about this and that. Seriously people, do the researching back home.

Oh well, at least it’s over. All I have to do it to wait. Just wait.

No comments: