Wednesday 6 October 2010

Flu in a Foreign Land



Yawn.

I stood up slowly and checked my temperature. I still feel hot.

I got sick last night because of the sudden change in temperature. It’s already getting chilly as October kicks in.

It will be my first day in Domino’s Pizza, so I have to show up even though my throat hurts like hell.

Finally, after a few weeks, Gene got to talk with the area manager to see if they can hire me. She and Tina both work at Domino’s. The problem though is the distance. The branch I will be working in is in far west London, about 1.5 hours from my home in Catford.

However, since my work in the Japanese restaurant is not enough to cover my monthly expenses, accepting the offer was the best thing to do.

I quickly opened a sachet of Lemsip then mixed it with a hot cup of water. I hope this will be enough to relieve me from the flu symptoms I currently have.

3 quid just for a few sachets. I’ll add something to Clusivol’s famous ad: Bawal magkasakit… sa Britanya.

No comments: