Sunday 12 December 2010

X Factor Showdown

“The winner of The X Factor 2010 is…

Matt Cardle!”

As soon as Dermot O’ Leary announced the winner, Tita Rose went wild. As in really really wild.

“Yes, yes, yes! My manok (bet) won! Third straight year, baby!”

I snickered silently as I watch my uncle, aunt, and her friends scream and shout as their bets battle it out for the crown. I was in my uncle’s friend’s house in Peckham watching as well, since we don’t have a telly in my place.

I find it funny that they watch The X Factor and other British shows like Britain’s Got Talent and other BBC or ITV shows. Most Filipinos here in the UK fancy the TFC more, so it’s a breath of fresh air for me to watch with my tito and tita.

The X Factor is big in Britain. It’s the television juggernaut like American Idol in the US or the Philippines. With over 20 million people watching Matt Cardle being propelled to superstardom, it’s a great celebration indeed.

Beep. 1 Message from Art. Yey! Matt Cardle won! His voice is awesome!

Yeah, yeah! Good thing he won! He’s wicked! Sent.

Beep. 1 Message again. I thought you’re for One Direction?

Yeah, I am for One Direction, but technically, Matt is the most worthy contestant to win it all. Sent.

My bet’s Matt Cardle ever since the first few live shows, but then I just wanted the boys to have a shot of winning, since no group has ever won The X Factor before.

But then again, Matt is the man to win it all. Here's the song that, for me, made him the favourite to win the competition. It really gave me goosebumps.


Yeah, I know, cute boyish looks are my weakness when it comes to choosing bets. That’s why I kept on rooting for Joe McElderry over Olly Murs, as well as Archuleta over Cook.


A bit of One Direction history. These 5 boys started out as individual contestants, but they didn’t manage to get past the boot camp stage. Simon Cowell saw a potential in these boys, and he didn’t want to let their talents go to waste, so he decided to create a five-member boy band instead.

My fave guys are the two lads on the left. Boyish looks really make me melt. Lol. What about you guys? What are your picks?

Yes, I know what you lot are thinking…

I am a fucking paedophile.

Anyway, I will leave you guys with a British song. It’s the newest single from Matt Cardle “When We Collide.”, which became the Christmas No. 1 on Dec. 18.

When we collide, we come together.


No comments: