Saturday 21 May 2011

New Persona


It has been, almost a year.

The day wherein I embraced my real identity…. It was just another normal day, a few days right after watching Eurovision 2010. I’ve decided to use Josh as my screen name in signing up in this gay website since I was still in the hype and everything. Then poof, someone instantly recognised its eccentric origin.

So there it was, I’ve found my first ever PLU chatmate, thanks to this show called Eurovision.

Oh, just a quick description about this contest. It is a singing competition held every May, as 40 or so members of the European Broadcasting Union battle it out to see who has the most popular song in the competition. Each country would submit an original song to be performed on live telly, and then the members of the jury, together with the European public, would cast votes. Inaugurated in 1956, it is one of the longest-running singing contests in the world, and with annual audiences of about 250 million. It is one of the most watched non-sporting events in the world.

Thus, I vowed to myself, I will watch this singing competition every single year if it’s the last thing I do. It’s an ode to my, erm… shall we say, acceptance.

Now, it has been almost a year. And yea, Josh Dubovie was so 2010. It might be time for change, once again.

A new year, a new persona.

Of course, as a tradition, hopefully for the years to come, I would take my persona from someone in Eurovision, and it has to be well thought of.

But before that, I would just like to point out the cutest/hottest guys in this year’s contest that was held in Düsseldorf, Germany.

6) Paradise Oskar - Finland


Real name: Axel Ehnström. Represented Finland with song “Da Da Dam.” Cute boyish Caucasian… one of my types.

5) Two guys in Switzerland entry


Anna Rossinelli and her band represented Switzerland with the song “In Love for a While.” How did this song get the last spot with two very cute guys strumming with her?

4) Loukas Giorkas


Represented Greece with “Watch my Dance.” Cute Greek. Outstanding opera-ish vocals. Great control of his voice.

3) Lee Ryan and Duncan James from Blue


Represented the United Kingdom with the song “I Can.” Lee, aside from his high vocal range, is oozing with sexiness. Duncan James as well, especially since he’s reportedly bi. Oooh.


2) Eric Saade


This Lebanese-Swedish lad represented Sweden with the song “Popular”. And indeed, this cute mixed Scand proved to be popular indeed as it garnered third place in the contest.

Ohh... and I just found this.



1) Alexej Vorobjov


Reported the hottest bloke in this year’s competition, he (English translation: Alex Sparrow) represented Russia with the song “Get You,” which was dubbed as a “rapist song” by many fans and haters alike. Yea, he looks like a douche, but we can’t do anything about it. He was born with overflowing sex appeal.



Like last year, I fancy taking the name of someone cute and handsome (like last year’s Josh)… However,  Vorobjov is just too hard to pronounce. Saade just sounds so European (Germanic, in fact).



So, there you go. It's still fine by me to be called Josh, especially by my old buds back home. Alex Saade, fly high, and may you have a blessed year under this new persona. Cheers.

No comments: