Friday 18 February 2011

The Shake-Up


First, really sorry for the lack of posts. Got really busy in school and work, to the point that I am not sure if I am back in college or not.

Finally, after finishing a Marketing presentation and a 3000-word assignment, it’s the time to reflect again.

Last week was the advent of a new beginning for Josh. I dunno what God wants me to do or not, but I just have to take it as it is, right?

And pardon me, my creative juices was totally drained from the assignment, so I just have to write in a news-orderly manner.
-----

It all started with a message… from PlanetRomeo.

I got amused by his quote in his faceless profile. “Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.”

My instincts told me to reply and say something witty like, “Suffering is inevitable as well. It’s how we deal with it that is optional.”

And I did just that.

And after the couple of exchanges, it got a bit overwhelming.

The funny thing was, he’s also a Filipino who has been here for just 3-weeks. Goodness, I thought he was American or something because of his grasp of the language, not to mention his profile said that he only speaks US English.

And he needs help, because he’s jobless, not to mention about to be homeless.

The old Josh back in Manila would just shy away from the meet-up that was supposed to happen at Waterloo Station the next day. A faceless person in a very dodgy website.

But, as if London had changed him, it feels like he has the responsibility to help dispossessed people, especially Filipinos, to cope up in this unforgiving city. And I decided to give it a shot.

And I have to say, it was the right decision. I think.

It was decided, after the getting to know part in our short tour around Chinatown, Earl’s Court, Piccadilly, and the streets of Soho, that he can be my person here, in Britain’s capital.

No, Ray will not be that kind of person. Just a simple person to talk to.

The problem is, why is my heart suddenly beating in search for life again, after a few weeks of dormancy?

And yes, for the past week, I’ve helped him find a place to stay, met a few classmates and colleagues of him, and it’ll just a couple of days before I will be his new roommate.

Shh, guys. Think what you like.
-----


We were outside Heaven, and Edric, Ray, and I were just waiting for dance floor to open.

After walking around Oxford Street, Ray and I decided to meet up with Edric and grabbed some drinks at The Yard.

And then, when alcohol got the best among all of us, the truth started to unfold.

It has been confirmed. All of us had something in common, in varying degrees.

I’ll not go into details, but all of my speculations have been proven, and vice versa as well. Yes, the background details kept on coming out.

“Actually Josh, I was really feeling it already. No straight guy would frequent Soho like it’s their second home or something,” Edric said.

Oh… is that it? What the hell has just happened for the past few weeks? God really played a part, isn’t it? It only means one thing then.

My primary life and my other life are officially overlapping.

And this will might be the last time I will update and write something in this blog. As my other life is slowly getting intertwined with my primary one, I guess it’s time to respect each other’s privacy and take things from here.

I’ll really miss writing though, but, as if I have readers in the first place. I don’t think it will be a great loss if I commit self-immolation.

2 comments:

André said...

Andre envies you for the huge steps you've done. I'm happy for you though. :P

Give 'em hell, Josh.

Josh said...

Haha don't envy me mate. I'm still not sure if what I did was the correct thing or not.

One thing's for sure. I am very certain that it's not only me who played a part on this. God handed me the cards as well.

Cheers to a new beginning? Maybe.