Wednesday 2 February 2011

Frustrated Lover


It is a perpetual cycle.

Getting to know someone. Being infatuated. Falling in love. Professing it. Working your way to the highest point of the relationship. Slowly knowing each other’s differences. Getting annoyed and tired at the relationship. Trying to make it work. Giving up. Breaking apart. Searching for new love.

Over the past couple of years, it wasn’t a very smooth ride in terms of looking for my Romeo. Yes, there came a time that someone loved me, but I still wasn’t sure of myself, so I just shunned his feelings for me. Yeah, I was a jerk.

For most other times, I fell for someone that is almost always under these five categories.

One, he’s straight.

Second, he’s taken.

Third, he’s too good looking/perfect for me.

Fourth, he’s interested, but distance will come into play.

And last but not the least, he might be gay, but he’s stopping his desires by immersing into divinity.

Yes, it’s pretty sure that most, if not all of us has experienced this. Getting frustrated in terms of love. Why can’t it be more tameable? Why can’t it go our way?

Then again, life will be boring and monotonous if it were too predictable and generous.

But seriously, when one is in the middle of a social circle wherein peers are moving on with their lives, falling deeply in love, being successfully reciprocated and so on and so on, who wouldn’t be tempted to go sulk in a corner, disdaining all the good things happening around you?

It will even get frustrating come Valentine’s Day, where couples from all over will flaunt their ‘undying’ love for each other, while the singles will just have to bear the day by engaging in work, school, and taking the commute home with all those lovely jubblies screaming at you.

And this, is the anatomy of a frustrated lover.

2 comments:

André said...

I'm not straight. I'm not taken. I'm not too good-looking (heck, not even good-looking), not perfect either. I don't care about God and I don't mind the distance.

Did I just pass? Or ayaw mo talaga sa LDR? HAHAHA.

Seriously, as cliche as it sounds. Darating din si Mr. Right. O baka si Ms. Right. Lols.

Josh said...

Well, you just passed with flying colours. LOL

And what Ms. Right? Ikaw na talaga ang habulan. ;)